Pond fish, including both goldfish and koi, require salt to maintain the proper electrolyte balance in their body fluids. Because the surrounding water is less salty than the fish’s blood, fish are in constant danger of losing vital electrolytes. Salt also assists in the production of the slime coat that protects the fish’s skin from parasites and pathogens.
- Non-toxic to fish, plants, invertebrates, pets, and people
- Does not impair biological filtration
- Does not reduce dissolved oxygen levels
- For all aquariums, garden ponds and aquaculture facilities
- The choice of aquarium and pond professionals